Whishing I was wiser...

On my previous post, Kelly wrote: I found my grade school diary a while back, while moving out of my parents' house after college, and I just wanted to knock some sense into my former self, or give that little girl a big hug for the shit I put up with.

This really resonates with me. From time to time, I start remembering how I felt socially akward, uninteresting and boring, ugly and fat in high school. Not always, but pretty often, especially the first years.
Now I realize I was none of that, and if I could go back in time to slap my former self on her face, I'd do it! I don't understand why teen-agers never believe to what adults tell them, about them being smart, beautiful and interesting, instead they just keep self-bashing.

It's really a waste of time and energies. I could have done so many more things, had I some more self-confidence...

Comments

Kelly said…
It really is a waste. Whenever I see an insecure or unhappy girl, I just want to drill some wisdom into her so she can spend her childhood and teenage years having fun, instead of constantly feeling sad or downtrodden. But I guess you can't do that - it's something you have to find yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!