Sunday mani

As mentioned, I decided to take part in Broke & Beautiful July mani/pedi challenge.




I think I'll post my mani/pedi thoughts on Sunday, since that's the day I have more time to - ahem - take care of myself, including trying to fix my nails.

First of all, let me say: I am extremely picky about my hands. I get pedis a couple of times a year, but never let anyone touch my nails. That's because since I play the guitar, they have to be kept in some peculiar ways: the left hand nails must be very short, while my right hand nails are long. But they must be a specific length, with a specific shape. So, I always do my nails by myself.

These are the nail polishes I used today. Pupa sells these Nail Art pairs, and the two I selected today are a top and a base from two different pairs.


I proceeded by appliying the white base:


And after a couple of minutes (it dries pretty fast) the top coat:

 It starts crackling immediately.

The beauty of this mani is that you can slack quite a bit on the polish application: even if the base is not perfect, the crackled top will hide any defects. Plus, it keeps well for quite some days

Comments

Lindsay said…
Crackle! How cool! I've been so curious to watch that stuff dry... Love how it looks over the white!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!