Sunday pedi!


Another entry for the July many/pedi challenge. Here I want to talk about taking care of my feet...

I have to admit, I don't really care for them during the winter. I mostly leave my nails bare, letting them breathe a little before summer, when I start painting them again. I try to get a couple of professional pedis during the winter, and one at the begginning of summer - just to kick off the season! Then I spend my weekends at the beach, doing lots of walks, and sand+water= the best scrub you can think of! And that pretty much takes care of my feet's skin.

What I always do is:
  • Every time I take a shower, I scrub the hardest part of my feet with pumice stone. Every. Single. Time.
  • I moisturize my feet at least every other day.
  • When it's hot, I use a refreshing gel on them, such as this one:


About once a week, more often during the hotter months, I do the following:
  • Remove my nail polish (optional).
  • Put lukewarm water in a bowl with quite some salt, and dip my feet for about 10 minutes. I usually have a magazine to read when I do this.
  • Then if I feel like I leave my feet for another 10 minutes in a bowl containing cold water and ice cubes, sometimes some good smelling bath gel.
  • I cut my nails if I need, and file them
  • I dry my feet and I apply some moisturizing lotion.
I either leave it at this, or go ahead to the next step:
  • Apply a clear base and let it dry.
  • Apply a nail polish I like and let it dry.
I usually put two layers on my big finger, one on the other ones.
If I am very productive, I add a layer of top coat.

So, to end this post, I am going to show you this week's pedi, courtesy of Wet'n Wild black polish (I didn't know we had Wet'n Wild in Italy too!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!