My Makeup - Summer Edition.

As I love to see what other bloggers have in their makeup bag/drawer, I decided to share what I wear during the summer.
As I have mentioned here, last winter I had an epiphany after having my makeup done by a really good aesthetician, and I was converted to the less-is-better philosophy.

Here is the whole bunch for the summer (I apologize for the picture quality, but as I have found out, it's not really easy to take pictures of makeup):



Of course, I don't wear everything at once! Here's what I do:


First, I line my eyes with one of my eye pencils. The brown and black ones are from Lancome, the violet one from NYC, bought when I still was in the US. The Lancome eye pencils are very expensive for my budget, but I indulge in them because their texture is just perfect, and they are looong and last for years. Plus, I try to buy them at beauty-free shops when I travel abroad - I have a replacement of the back one bought during my April trip to Germany, waiting for me.
My mom has a nice blue eye pencil, and I think I want to add something similar to my small collection.



Now for the eye-shadow. For the day, I usually wear one color, two when I am feeling fancy, applied with my fingers. Here you can see a Pupa Makeup kit, courtesy of my sister V, at the bottom (the finished powder was a great bronze powder), a Bottega Verde makeup kit, the black one, a l'Oréal duo (sisters' presents for my birthday), and a Bottega Verde violet eye shadow.

My mascara, again from Bottega Verde (I like their products, and take advantage whenever they have coupons or sales)


Then I add some bronzing powder - I don't wear foundation in the summer, I like my skin as is. This powder is from the Bottega Verde black kit, seen above:


And my lipglosses - I rarely wear lipstick in the summer:


From the left - Essence, bought last winter, three Rimmel courtesy of a friend, and a Lancome juicy tube, gift with purchase.

Here it is. I realized I don't buy much makeup, usually wait until something is finished to replace it, and most often that is mascara. I would like to be a bit more adventurous, but I don't really want to waste money on something I might not use...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!