Travel pictures: Florence!

These are some overdue pictures of my short trip to Florence. We went there by train from Rome and by 11 am we were there. It was really cold, but the sky was blue and the air crisp. So we wore good jackets and hats, and went to explore the city.
We had both been there already, but Florence never disappoints, even if it is the millionth time one visits. It's a very elegant city, beauty is to be found at every corner, and people are really kind and polite - not to mention the food!
Here are the pictures...


This is the cloister of the San Lorenzo church. I love cloisters - they give such a paceful feeling, they seem to me the perfect place to read or meditate - or simply relax.


What you see when you enter the square where both the Duomo and the Battistero are located. Isn't it breathtaking?).


Inside the Battistero...



A view of Ponte Vecchio. All the stores which line the bridge are jewellery stores. So sparkly!



Had to take a picture of the food!



The view from out hotel room. This is the Santa Maria Novella church. The hotel was in an ancient palace (about 1400, if I recall correctly), and if you ever go to Florence, I'll give you the address - I highly reccommend it!


Finally, the view from above: we went to the San Miniato al Monte church, and this is the view. The church is a beautiful example of romanic style, and well worth the visit!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Ciara, how wonderful that you posted this pictures. They bring back my memory for the trip around Toscany I took with my husband few years ago. It was my birthday, when we stopped in Florence, and we went to one caffe and order "due cappccini". I kept that bill with my birthday date on it for some time :)
Tatjana

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!