Summer's end



As I see everywhere signs that fall is approaching (colleagues are getting organized for their children going back to school, stores are full of fall clothes in darker colors and school supplies, and it seems like the entire blog world can't wait for it to be fall - which I understand, since fall can represent a new beginning), I can't help but feel a bit nostalgic.
I will miss my weekends - and after-work afternoons - at the beach, dinner on the balcony, long days and light clothes. There is something about summer that makes me feel relaxed even during a normal workweek, as if I was always on vacation.

Photo
 And don't even get me started on summer fruits. Peaches, watermelon, plums and red ripe tomatoes are just not the same during winter.
So, I have this bittersweet feeling, and I am trying to hung as much as possible to summer. The air is slowly getting crispier in the morning (although is still so hot during the day - and sometimes the night) and this makes me sad...

So, I'll keep swimming in the sea and dining on the balcony - and eating watermelon - for as long as I can!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!