I love Drugstore makeup!



Inspired my this post from Jayme and Mendi about drug store makeup, I decided to share my drugstore favourites.


1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?

Without any doubts, that would be Deborah, and inexpensive italian brand. The brand even has a cheaper line, Debby. Most of my nailpolishes are from Deborah or Debby. I also like Rimmel and L'Oréal.

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?

For the face, I have to mention Garnier BB cream in Light/Medium:

Garnier - Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium



I bought it in Buffalo during my honeymoon last summer, and have been pretty happy with it. It has a light coverage, but it does its job. I think it might be a tad too heavy for oily skin types, but mine is pretty dry so I am ok with it. It's a nice alternative to a heavier foundation
For the cheeks, I have yet to find a blush that suits me.
For lips, Deborah Shine Creator lipstick: it is hydrating and has a nice coverage:

And Deborah Lipliner in 197
 

3. Least favorite product?

This:

Volum' Express® The Colossal Waterproof Mascara 





It flakes during the day, ending mostly in my contacts, and never comes off at night. I was really disappointed, especially because I usually like Maybelline mascaras.

4. What is the best makeup bargain?
It's "My Mascara" volume by Deborah:

 
It's very inexpensive, and really works. Love it!


5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)

I tend to use everything I love, but I keep forgetting this:

KAJAL SOFT KHOL
Rimmel Kajal soft Kohl  in Royal Blue:

preview 

It's a beautiful blue that goes well with my brown eyes, especially in the summer - but I keep forgetting that I have it!

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?

Foundations! They are so expensive, especially here in Italy, that I prefer to add some euros and buy higher-end foundations.

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!

I tend not to buy dupes. But let me show you something:

 
L'Oréal Super Liner Ultra Precision in Black. I have already talked about it here. I think this is the best eyeliner ever. It's better of all other brands I have tried, some of them very expensive.

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?

Don't know. Usually I don't buy stuff only because everybody is talking about it. I consider if/when I could use something, and especially if I would be able to use it. 

Comments

Elle Sees said…
have you tried cream blushes? as for powder ones, milani and wet n wild are good blush brands, but not sure if you can get those over there.
i find maybelline mascaras flake. covergirl is a great brand of mascaras, if you ever wanna try them.
chiara said…
My main problem with blushes is that I can't find a shade that doesn't make me look like a clown! I prefer to use bronzing powder, with my complexion.
As for Covergirl, I used and liked their mascara when I was in the US; but right here that brand is not sold...
Elle Sees said…
For my eye look today, use Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold on the lid, and then a black shadow, like one from wet and wild in the outer corner. But I'm not sure what brands you have access to. Basically a shimmery gold and a black shadow!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!