Happy Monday!


Here's to a happy (or at least serene) week.

My weekend didn't start so well... I was extremely sick on Saturday, and was able to leave the bed only around 5 pm. At that point I was feeling much better, so I baked some cookies and helped husband prepare dinner. I love that he likes to cook, so when I don't feel like it he gets into action!

Luckily I woke up bright and early on Sunday morning, feeling much better. The sun was shining and it was unseasonally warm. I took care of the laundry, baked some muffins (I wanted husband to have them ready when he'd wake up) and had coffee while reading my favourite blogs. Then we went to the farmers' market and bought fruits and veggies. 
After a light lunch, we went to visit my parents - it's so much colder where they live!
Then, it was dinner at Castel Gandolfo, a deal I had bought some weeks ago on Groupon. It was good, but I wasn't able to finish everything! The place is Arte e Vino, and if you ever happen to be in Castel Gandolfo I really reccommend it. I suggest not to pick the complete menu, as it's too much, but pick either a first course or a second course. And the entrée, of course - so varied and delicious.
Castel Gandolfo it famous these days as it's the place where the Emeritus Pope, Ratzinger, chose to spend some time. We walked by his palace and wondered if he was already asleep... so strange knowing he was there! 
There is also a beautiful view on the Albano lake. If you came to visit Rome, please take the train and take a peek at this little jewel on the Albanian hills.

So, after this short digression... hope this week goes better for me than the last one. It's dark and rainy now, but it won't get me down!

Comments

Glad you are feeling better! It stinks to be sick over the weekend!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!