Fourty!


July is my birthday month, and this year it was a big birthday: I am now 40 years old. It feels so grown up writing this, I think I should feel old, even, but I actually don't.
I have been thinking of how much has changed in the last 10 years. I moved back to my Country, moved a couple of times to different cities, switched jobs (and found one I love), got married, and had a beautiful little girl. 
But I also feel I have grown up so much, through the good, the bad, the sad and the ugly. I am happy I haven't lost my trust in the human being - when I meet someone new, I still think he/she is not going to harm me, and if it happens, oh well. But I think people are basically good.
I have learned to say yes to unexpected experiences, such my trip to Barcelona in 2011 (the picture above is from that trip), and to not be afraid of people I don't know. I am very shy and love routines, so doing that does not come naturally to me.
I have read hundreds of books, seen beautiful art, spoke to awesome people, some of which appeared for a moment in my life and were gone in a blink of an eye, but came to say just the right thing I needed to hear in that moment.
Probably the next 40 years won't be as interesting. Then again, I am so eager to see my little one grow, and re-learn the world again through her eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!